If you’re looking for a smart location for your next real estate investments, look no further than Central Florida. There are so many compelling reasons to buy investment property in Orlando and the surrounding metro area, whether it’s rental properties or even vacant land.
So, let’s take a look at some of the best reasons to buy investment property in Orlando.
Why Purchase Investment Property in Orlando?
- The housing market in Florida always performs well for real estate investors.
- The population is steadily and quickly growing—it grew nearly 20% from 2010 to 2018—constantly increasing the need for housing and commercial development.
- The economy is booming, too. All that growth fuels the economy, and there are also lots of great jobs in Orlando in industries like tourism, hospitality, tech, healthcare, and more.
- In fact, Orlando is ranked the number one city in the US for job growth.
- There’s always high demand for rental housing, and the average monthly rent as of this writing is over $1,800.
- It’s also the number one tourist destination in the US thanks to Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld Orlando, so there’s a year-round high demand for short-term rental housing.
- The cost of living in Orlando is 4% below the national average.
- There’s an enormous stock of all types of residential investment properties to choose from, whether you’re interested in single-family homes, multifamily dwellings, townhomes, condos, resort and vacation homes, etc. There are also so many different types of neighborhoods and planned communities, and everything from urban to suburban to rural communities.
If you’re interested in purchasing investment properties to use as rental vacation homes, here are some tips for choosing the right vacation home properties in Florida.