We were excited to recently host a vacation rental management tax workshop for professionals in the industry. The event took place on January 24, 2018, and was produced in partnership with the Florida VRMA (Florida Vacation Rental Managers Association).
Held at our Kissimmee, Florida office, the workshop was all about “playing the trump card” to reduce taxes for vacation rental management professionals. We took an in-depth look at how President Trump and the GOP’s recent overhaul of tax legislation will affect personal and business taxes for this group.
- Just some of the important questions and topics we tackled included:
- Should I change my company type (or create a company) to take advantage of the new 20 percent pass-through deduction?
- Now that C-Corporations are taxed at a maximum of 21 percent, is this the right entity for me?
- How to maximize your itemized deductions to beat the new increased standard deduction
- How the new depreciation laws can lower your taxes
- Discussion of changes to Obamacare and related penalties
Thank you to the Florida VRMA for hosting this vacation rental management tax workshop with us. And thanks to everyone who came out and asked some great questions to everyone’s benefit!
Upcoming Free Roundtable Discussion
We’d also like to let you know about an upcoming free roundtable discussion on this general subject at our Kissimmee office (8687 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Suite 206, Kissimmee, FL 34747). The topic is “How to Trump Your Tax Liability. It’s on February 20, 2018, and HBI’s Matthew Bell, CPA will share valuable information about the recent changes to tax regulations and answer your questions.
Again, it’s free, and light refreshments will be served. Reserve your spot by emailing your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration starts at 9:30 am and the discussion goes from 10 am to 11:30 am.
We look forward to seeing you there!